Saturday, April 28, 2007

Week #3 Phone Assignment

For this week’s assignment I worked with Brenda. First we assigned roles. I played the role of the employee and she played the role of being the boss. The issue at hand was that I thought that I deserved a raise because I feel I am performing above and beyond the expectations of the scope of my role. In our discussion, I addressed my desire to acquire more responsibility in exchange for higher compensation. At first, Brenda questioned why I deserved this compared to my colleagues. I reminded her that my productivity has been remarkable compared to that of others as recognized in the company’s profit margin. Furthermore, I have been dependable and whenever there has been a time sensitive project, I have been willing to devote countless hours to ensure that deadlines are met, even when it calls for working over time and on weekends. I have been a dedicated employee and continually strive fro excellence as proven by my final product.

During our negotiations, we concluded that my job would be re-classified on a provisional basis for 90 days. At that time, I will have a performance evaluation to determine if the provision will be lifted and the position will become permanent. In addition, my position will be contingent upon completion of a graduate program related to my position. We were both agreeable to these terms and felt that this was fair to both me and the company.

1 comment:

Debra Davenport said...

Nicely done! Sounds like you're really putting into practice what you're learning.

Thanks!

Dr. D.