Friday, April 20, 2007

Presentation Meeting

Our group consists of myself, Myrna, Brenda, Lidia, and Rebecca. Myrna proposed that we meet in the chat room on Thursday night at six p.m.. I thought this was a great idea for all of us to have the opportunity to come together in one place and discuss our presentation. Our group met in the chat room, and Myrna had good command over the discussion. We were able to accomplish a lot. We assigned tasks to each member: Rebecca will be the white female cop. She will discuss why she feels the crime was a hate crime; Lidia will be the black female cop, and explain why she didn't change her location; Myrna will take on the role of the workplace mediator to release the work tensions; I (Lynnette) will be the witness at the scene describing what I saw and what transpired; and Brenda will create a slideshow/PowerPoint of the crime scene to present. Each of us will put together a 5-minute presentation on our role, and then we will bring them all together for our final presentation.

In brainstorming how we want to deliver the presentation we thought we would start by having Rebecca tell her version of what happened that day, then Lidia will explain what she saw. Then, as the witness, I will come forward and tell my version. Myrna will state the facts and outcome of all the evidence, and then Brenda will present pictures of the crime scene. We will write screenplays to use during the presentation and integrate other learning materials presented in class.

So far our group works well together, and I expect nothing but the best for our presentation! I look forward to working with my team members!

No comments: