Sunday, April 15, 2007

Assessment Analysis

As part of our assignment, we were to review the handouts and utilize the assessments. I found these assessments to be rather valuable providing me with useful insight into my personality and work style. Although I have taken these types of personality assessments in the past, I assumed that the results would be pretty much the same as my previous results. However, the results were somewhat different. The personality portion of this test reveals that I am E-S-F-P. This result is similar to the results I have gotten in the past with the exception of being more introverted in the past.

The assessment on my personal work style reveals that my type is I-S-C-D indicating that I am more interactive in the way I handle work situations. This is no surprise to me since that is how I view myself in my current role at my work. I definitely end to interact with others and work collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes.


The Nuerolinguistic programming test showed that I am equally visual and kinesthetic. I completely agree with the outcome and it is a valid result!

Finally, the test on conflict management styles, my score revealed I am the competing shark. I was completely blown away by this result because I don't think of myself as a competitor. Examining the other styles, I feel I relate more closely to a combination of the accommodating teddy bear and the compromising fox.

Overall, while these assessments are abbreviated, I think they provide useful information about myself that I will keep in mind and think about when evaluating the way I act towards others and handle situations.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

i wouldnt wory too much about the conflict management style test. It seems to differe a bit depending your frame of mind when you take it. After a margarita or a nice warm bath that shark can turn into a teddy bear ;) You may want to give it another shot when your in a somewhat nutral state of mind.

jamielynnrodriguez said...

I found the tests valuable as well. I was also seen as a shark, although that doesn't embody every way that I am. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, the shark wins in the end! =)

Myrna Sadalge said...

Hi,

I'm also a kinesthetic.
Great blog!!

Myrna